Monday 13 May 2013

Final Piece

My final piece consists of a single Photoshop panel. Out of the many photos I've taken, I picked a handful which I found the most interesting and begun experimenting with them on Photoshop. 
The purpose of using Photoshop was to create this great illusion of different aspects of light together. 

The process of the installation can be found in the Evaluation section of the final piece.

The main aspect of those panels was the light. I wanted to try and manipulate the lights as much as as possible in order to get out the best qualities of light each image possessed. To do so, I used the 'Hue / Saturation' tool on Photoshop as well as the 'Curve' option which allowed me to manipulate the brightness and contrast of each of the layers.
I also used multiple layers which is simply a technique where you add another photo on top of another. I was able to move it around, crop them and resize them at my will and combining that with the color manipulation, I was able to turn each layer into something interesting.
After I got enough layers, I would merge them together and finish off with any final contrasting and saturation's of the image.

I think my final image ended up successful because they clearly link back to my artists as well as demonstrate the illusions of light in Piccadilly Circus and with that, I have met the specified requirements of my client 'Chestnut Grove' Which can be found in the Brief and Proposal section of my blog.

The Final Piece



What it would look like in a galley space





No comments:

Post a Comment